Monday, September 12, 2011

Creative Work Area & Inspiration

Hello again.  So today I thought I would share with you what my work space looks like and my inspirations.  You see I have always loved to create things, and of course now my little work space grows bigger and bigger, what was once was a man cave/bar area has slowly turned into my workout and craft area, both great releases for me.


You can see from the far view how big it is, but that's just a teaser, since I also have a cabinet on the other side of the room, filled with completed items for resale and packaging supplies and craft fair items, and blah blah blah.  Here is where the actual work takes place.  On the right is a big burlap board (a project I was working on, I found the idea in Paper Crafts Magazine for a countdown calender to holidays, super cute, however getting off track.) On  this burlap I have some inspiration, a pendant I bought on Etsy that says "Risk."  Simply stated, but says so much.  One has to take risk in order to achieve anything, no matter how hard or how long the process can take.  So when I struggle with ideas or that fact that nothing is selling I remember I took this risk and that is truly what it is and I am determined that this will be a great "Risk" that will turn out to be positive.

The other thing "hanging in" on there is a card.  My husband John, so sweet and thoughtful, made this card for me for our anniversary.  It too is simple, but I LOVE it.  He went into my things at some point and dabbled with making this card with his own two hands. After opening the card and reading it, he tells me that he never knew that what I did was that hard, and this made my day.  So when I need to know that what I am working on is worth it, I remember what he told me and that this is not something everyone can do.  What I make is special, unique and beautiful!

It may be a cluttered area, but everything I need is within reach and I am surrounded by things that make me happy in there.  I love the Chicago Bears (as if you can't tell in this picture) and of course, my family.  Centered is a scrapbook page I made of Chicago Bears, my son and husband.  Underneath that is another lil piece my mother gave me.  It's a ironic piece, because she thought I could use it for displaying items at craft fairs, which I do, but when no fairs are occurring I use it to hold my scrapping needs.  The irony is that it is a spice rack and crafting is one of my spices of life, thanks ma!  Also a weird thing on my table is a cockatoo.  This was my Aunt Bobbi's,  who passed recently.  She loved her birds, not sure why, maybe because of the freedom they had to go where they wanted, maybe it was their beauty, or it could be that they were intelligent, anyway you look at it, I loved, my aunt and her love for birds and I like to believe she adored them for all those reasons and she and that cockatoo give me strength to continue with my goals.  Life is too short, love what you enjoy and enjoy what you do.

Well I think I will stop for now, I have talked your ear off too long.  I will post again later, maybe not for a few days.  Look forward to hearing from you and if you have questions, please ask!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment